Monday, April 4, 2016

Jesus Washes Me White as Sand

Come now, let us reason together says the Lord, though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.  Isaiah 1:18

The brilliant whiteness of snow is used to portray purity in the Bible.  Our sins stain us, but the sacrifice of Jesus can cleanse us and make us so clean that no telltale spot of our sin remains.

While playing on the beach recently one of my granddaughters created a bit of art in the sand.  She wrote “Jesus Washes Me White as Sand.”  The beach did have rather white sand, and I would never criticize this fractured bit of scripture.  She has shown an understanding of the important concept behind the verse.  Before any of my children or grandchildren were born, I was already praying for them to grasp the meaning of these words in a very personal way…..in a way that would permeate every corner of their souls and lives.


Each of my children and grandchildren is unique.  Some are beautiful, some are highly intelligent, some are loaded with personality, some have a sunny disposition or an amazing sense of humor, and some have ambition or a specific talent.  I did not pray for any of those things to be true.  Before I ever had children I prayed that my children and their children would grow into people who would be totally committed to God and to His plan for their lives.  It is all I ever asked of Him.  I never felt concerned about having a child who might deviate from the norm, if only this was true of him or her.  I know God has done His part in revealing Himself to them.  It remains for each of them to do their part in allowing Him into their lives.

It remains for each of us as individuals to allow Him into our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment