Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Where is My Car?

Today I spent some time wandering around the mall parking lot wondering where on earth I had parked my car.  Part of my problem was a bit of disorientation, because I had come out a different door than I had entered, but that isn’t really my excuse.  I don’t normally get disoriented by these slight changes.

As I wandered around, and after finally finding it, I was pondering all of the things I actually do remember.  How can I remember these things, and not remember where I left my car about 30 minutes ago?

I remember my childhood address and phone number, numerous phone numbers that are currently valid, my social security number, my present address and most fortunately, my name.  Although I was in high school 55 years ago, I still know the beginning of Caesar’s Commentary on the Gallic Wars…in Latin!  I can still tutor a high school student in algebra, geometry and trig.  From the security and zero-pressure area of my living room, I can come up with answers to many, many Jeopardy questions.

But….I don’t know where my car is parked!

Perhaps I was distracted by the fact that I had earlier forgotten my wallet.  I arrived at the first stop on my list of errands, reached into my purse to get the wallet and pay…and….no wallet!  Then I remembered that I had more cash in my wallet than I normally carry, so just before leaving home, I took out my wallet, removed some of the cash, and put it in a safe place.  Apparently putting the wallet back into the purse wasn’t part of the routine.   ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!  I had to drive all the way back home, retrieve the wallet, and start over.


I related my woes to Bill, and he asked me why I didn’t just push the horn button on the key chain.  Well, then everyone would have known I couldn’t find my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment