Thursday, May 19, 2022

Standing at the Gate

This morning, I smiled remembering a recent event.  Bill and I had a very tight connection while flying to California to visit our son and his family.  As we got off the plane on the first leg of the trip, Bill said that he would run to the next gate and make sure they kept the gate open for me.  As soon as he could get past the lady on the escalator with the large suitcase, he took off leaving me in the dust.


When I arrived, he was standing in the opening with the gate agent making sure they waited for me.


So, this morning I pictured him running up to heaven’s gate.  Although, I know they would not close that gate, I pictured him standing there, as he did at the airport, saying, “My wife is coming.  She’s a bit behind me, but she is coming.”


The mental picture makes me smile through tears.


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Made me smile through tears too. I can picture your beloved Bill waiting for you at the gate. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a beautiful picture! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful thought….❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can picture it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful memory, something wonderful to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete