Sunday, November 1, 2009

At the Table

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5a

Every day I sit down at the banquet table of life,
Spread before me an array of sumptuous blessings,
Spread around me an array of terrifying enemies.
Confusion
Anxiety
Fear
Uncertainty
How can I possibly choke down the delicious meal,
In the presence of these dangers?

My host sitting at the head of the table,
Is the Master of the universe, the Ruler of all creation.
He has invited me to this feast.
He blesses the meal.
He blesses me.
I eat my fill,
Undisturbed,
By the presence of enemies,
For I am the guest of the Lord of the Feast.

Thank you for this food....Amen.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful word picture. Meaningful. Thanks for sharing this with us. Sandy Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That's so true. Thankks for distilling the truth into beautiful poetry.
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan to read this at Thanksgiving dinner next week. A wonderful reminder in these anxious times.

    Linda B.

    ReplyDelete