Monday, September 28, 2020

Lift the Torch

 But now, all you who light fires and provide yourselves with flaming torches, go, walk in the light of your fires and of the torches you have set ablaze.  Isaiah 50:11

 

I lift high the torch of my own accomplishments.

Of my talents,

Of my intelligence,

And great wisdom.

 

As I encounter the winds of life, my torch

Flickers,

Sputters,

Fades to an ember.

 

Criticism by others and self-doubt, leave my torch,

And my soul,

In a sodden

Miserable heap.

 

Compared to the torches of others, my torch

Is but a spark.

Compared to the sun

It is nothing.

 

I stumble in darkness.

 

But, into my hands is placed another torch,

The Light of the World,

He in whom is

No darkness.

 

Lift high the Light!

 

In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.  John 1:4



No comments:

Post a Comment