Saturday, September 11, 2021

No Farther

I declared, “You may come this far, but no farther.  Here your proud waves must stop.” Job 38:11


The proud waves roll toward the shore,

Creeping farther and farther,

Onto the barren sand they come

Sweeping away debris.

 

Walking along in the surf,

I feel the outward pull.

I stay in the shallows

Not wanting to be swept away.

 

But what if I stray too far?

What if I don’t see the larger cresting wave?

What if I am encompassed, overpowered,

And pulled into the deep?

 

There is a boundary set

By a more powerful hand.

“This far, but no farther”

The Almighty roars.

 

The proud waves of evil roll,

Attempting to sweep all of us

Outward through the harmless foam

Into the depths and darkness.

 

But the Almighty has set a boundary.

With a voice louder than the surf,

He roars “This far, but no farther.

Enough!  It is finished.”



 

No comments:

Post a Comment