Saturday, June 24, 2017

The Inevitable

The inevitable approaches.
It swirls around
Like a fabric
Blowing in the wind.

The gray mist deepens
To inky black
And thickens until
I cannot inhale.

The shroud covers me.
I can not
Disentangle myself
Nor those I love.

But just as I despair,
Someone intervenes
And rips away
The suffocating cloak.

My Savior
Dries my tears
With the sleeve
Of His own garment.

He wads up the rag of death,
Tosses it away.
I see only
The radiance of His face.

On this mountain, he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations, he will swallow up death forever.  The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces...Isaiah 25:7,8


1 comment:

  1. Appreciate your reflection on Isaiah's words. Your poetic verses resonate deeply with me. Thanks for sharing them. -sy

    ReplyDelete