Saturday, March 26, 2016

I Will Celebrate

I love Christmas.
I love the fact that God sent His Son into the world,
That the eternally existent one, stepped into time.

I love the stories of His life,
His great compassion on those in need,
His tenderness with the hurting.

I love His discernment.
He knew their hearts, saw behind their words,
Pierced their thoughts and judged rightly.

I do not love Good Friday.
I know I must remember His sacrifice, but I grieve.
He had to die for my sins.  He had none of His own.

I love Easter morning.
I could not conquer death.  He did it for me.
Because He lives, the pain of sin and death is gone.

I love Him.
I look forward to seeing Him, thanking Him in person,
And celebrating His coming, His Life, His death, His resurrection.


I will celebrate Him eternally.

1 comment:

  1. You captured in verse the wordless persistent music that is playing in my heart. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete