Monday, April 30, 2012

Roar, Lion, Roar

They will follow the Lord; he will roar like a lion.  When he roars, his children will come trembling...
Hosea 11:10


How I wish the Lion would roar!


I am sick of a world in which evil is so pervasive.
I am weary of watching poor choices ruin lives.
I am revolted by the way in which so many mock what is sacred.
And they all appear to be getting away with it.


I long for a world where evil is always punished.
I want to see decisions based on righteous principles.
I desire to live where the sacred is exalted and revered.
And everyone genuinely delights in it.


Who can shake his fist in the face of a lion?
Who can outrun or overpower him?
Who dares to defiantly roar back?
Who does not tremble when he roars.


When He first walked among us, He was meek as a Lamb.
As a sheep before her shearers is silent...
But the Lamb of God will one day return as a Lion.
When he roars, his children will come trembling...


Roar, Lion, Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment