Thursday, May 18, 2023

No Replacement

 I put a large pillow on the end of the sofa.

When I lie down for a nap,

I think my head is in your lap.

 

I took your placement from the table.

I know you are not there.

I wrap my arms around your chair.

 

I slide my hand across your side of the bed.

The blankets are still and cold.

There is no hand to hold.

 

I talk to handsome you in that photograph.

It is propped up in a chair.

Words hang unanswered in the air.

 

But that place that held my love for you,

Could that be empty?  Never!

Full and overflowing.  Forever and forever.



1 comment:

  1. I have read this before, but I read it again this mornig. Very well written and describes my feelings exactly.. I hope you have a wonderful summer at Delta. I loved that place very much as a young person.

    ReplyDelete