Saturday, April 3, 2021

Resurrection Dawn

If I had stood at Calvary and viewed the darkness there,

Looked up and seen my dying friend and felt the deep despair,

Of seeing helpless him on whom I thought I could depend,

I surely might have cried out, “O God, this is the end.”

 

If I had stood outside the tomb and seen the dreadful stone,

That sealed in the kindness man that I had ever known,

I might have thought, “He wasn’t God…he was only a friend.”

And in my grief, I would have sobbed, “This is indeed the end.”

 

But a new day was coming.  There was sunrise near at hand.

There would be a glorious morning; new life was in the plan.

For Christ conquered death and rose again upon an Easter morn,

And just as surely as he lives, we too will see the dawn.

 

So, if today you’re feeling so overwhelmed by life,

If you cannot make sense of the confusion and the strife,

Put your faith in him who conquered death; eternity you’ll spend,

In lifting up your praise to him...this life is not the end!

 

For a new day IS coming.  There is sunrise near at hand.

There will be a glorious morning; new life is in the plan.

For Christ conquered death and rose again upon an Easter morn,

And just as surely as he lives, we too will see THE DAWN!

 

                                               

                                       (adapted from something I wrote about 35 years ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment