Wednesday, August 29, 2018

"Organic" Spaghetti Sauce


My dear husband knows how to grow tomatoes.  Two days ago, I picked a bucket and a half of tomatoes and made two large pots of sauce.  Today I picked another bucket full, leaving on the plants anything that I thought could wait another two days.  Some of the tomatoes will be for eating fresh, some will go to a neighbor, some I put whole in the freezer, and the rest are now bubbling in another large pot of sauce.

The tomatoes are organically grown and straight from the garden, as are the green peppers. I caught the insect that crawled out of the green pepper and dispatched him, so he didn’t end up in the sauce.  I added onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley and oregano.  I may or may not have added something extra this time.

It is an exceptionally warm and humid day.  While standing over the sink peeling the tomatoes which had been scalded with boiling water, I found my face was perspiring profusely.  I did my very best to prevent the perspiration that was dripping off my nose and chin from landing on the tomatoes or in the pot.  I cannot guarantee I was completely successful.

But….I washed my face this morning, and I had not yet put on moisturizer or make-up, so I figure the liquid rolling off my face was completely organic.

If I get compliments on this batch of sauce, I plan on saying that I really put something of myself into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment