Monday, October 4, 2010

Finding My Voice

I have always wanted to write.  As a teen I began what was to be a great novel about a kingdom hidden within a mountain.  I think I may have written a page or two.  I also began dabbling in poetry during that era of my life.


I have intermittently kept a journal for my eyes only, written poems and had a handful published, composed song lyrics...no takers on those, and collected rejection letters for children's books.


Blogging is my current attempt, but in a year and a half I have had only 13,300 hits...most of them on one piece I wrote on dog poop.  Sad, but true.


Currently I am reading a book by an absolutely fantastic writer.  I wish I could write in such a compelling manner...minus the profanity.  She is articulate, funny, insightful and brutally honest about herself and others. She does not share some of the tenets that are the underpinnings of my life, but I appreciate her talent.


I am struggling to find "my voice" and wondering, once I find it, will there be an audience for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment