Saturday, December 13, 2014

On a Quiet December Morning

In the quiet, still and windless dawn,
Snow hangs on trees undisturbed.
Dark branches silhouette against the gray
Of morning sky.

On the sidewalk snow, imprints reveal
Nighttime activity of small creatures,
Little feet with a purpose unknown to me
Have passed by.

Outside my bubble of quiet calm.
Lies a world of turmoil, in need of peace,
But with jubilant angel declaration, He came!
Is that not why?

And so my feet must move with purpose,
I must leave an imprint in the cold world,
Come with me to see the babe in the manger
And lullaby,
Glorify,
Magnify
Crucify! 
Crucify?

Ah, yes…the plan from the beginning of time.
Atonement requires a spotless lamb.
The Son of God grows up.  He lives
In order to die.

To the still and darkness of my heart
Comes a flash of blinding light…insight.
I see my need, your gift!  Oh, Savior…
Do not pass me by!








No comments:

Post a Comment