Friday, September 30, 2016

Tired....but not Miserable

Today as I was out running some errands, I was thinking of difficult situations we currently are facing….family issues that I don’t wish to air here.  But of course, family issues are those which can be most painful and cause sleepless nights.  Last night, I was still staring at the ceiling at 2:20 AM.  I stirred long enough to see the clock at 4:30 and then woke up at 7:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep.  Lots on my mind.

I was discussing things with the Lord while I was driving this morning, and I thought of the statement by Paul in I Corinthians 15:19...If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

I do understand what he means, but I also think the reverse is true.  If I only have hope of heaven, what am I to do now in order to get through the difficulties of life?  If I don’t have the presence of Christ now, I am also quite miserable.

I did not accept Christ as my personal Savior and the Lord of my life just to escape hell and have assurance of eternity with Him.  I expected His presence to begin immediately, and of course, it did.  With each troublesome situation in life, there is an assurance of His love and care for me.  I believe He intends all things for my ultimate good….even when they may seem in the moment to be “bad.”

Two days ago, I read II Chronicles 16:9   For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.


Now there is a wonderful promise.  God’s eyes are constantly scanning the earth purposefully looking for those who desire to serve Him and providing them with strength.  I have hope both now and for eternity and no reason to be miserable.  I may be tired, but I’m not miserable.


No comments:

Post a Comment